- Brand: image/catalog/modernwater.jpg
- Product Code: 1891
Chlorophyll-a provides an indication of the algal biomass and is often used as an indicator of water quality and nutrient pollutants. Phycoerythrin and phycocyanin are pigments found in marine and freshwater cyanobacteria. Many species of cyanobacteria produce toxins that can be harmful to human health or have significant environmental impact.
AlgaeChek Ultra operates in a different fashion to a single wavelength fluorometer, providing information about the proportion of different light harvesting pigments in the algal sample being analysed. AlgaeChek Ultra uses the principle that energy absorbed by the light-harvesting pigments is rapidly transferred to Chlorophyll-a, where it is used to initiate a cycle of photosynthesis. A proportion of the energy absorbed, however, is re-emitted as Chlorophyll a fluorescene with a peak at 682nm. All versions of AlgaeChek Ultra come with a Chlorophyll-a channel as standard, two other channels can then be selected between turbidity and phycoerythrin and phycocyanin-pigments that are prevalent in many cyanobacteria based algae.
- Miniature, low cost multiwavelength fluorometer
- Range of excitation wave length configurations available
- Chlorophyll-a fluorescence detection at 685nm
- Digital output in engineering units
- Additional analogue outputs as standard
- User selectable sampling rate. 0.1Hz-3Hz
- Internal referencing of excitation intensity
- Rejection of ambient daylight
- Low noise, high sensitivity