Thermo Scientific 1405-DF TEOM™ Ambient Particulate Monitor
- Brand: image/catalog/thermo.jpg
- Product Code: 961
Take continuous direct mass measurements of particulates with excellent short-term precision using the Thermo Scientific™ 1405-DF TEOM™ Continuous Dichotomous Ambient Air Monitor. This monitor utilizes two tapered element oscillating microbalances (TEOM) and two Filter Dynamics Measurement Systems (FDMS), which account for volatile and nonvolatile PM fractions.
The 1405-DF TEOM Monitor simultaneously measures PM Fine (PM-2.5), PM Coarse and PM-10 mass concentrations. Consisting of two Filter Dynamics Measurement Systems (FDMS) and two TEOM mass sensors housed in a single-cabinet, network-ready configuration that includes control system with touch-screen user interface. The TEOM 1405-DF distinguishes itself from other PM measurement methods by utilizing a direct mass measurement that is not subject to measurement uncertainties found in surrogate techniques. It provides a self-referencing, NIST-traceable true mass measurement.
- Design that meets US and International Particulate Monitoring Regulations
- Compact, stand alone unit which utilizes a virtual impactor to measure PM Fine (PM-2.5) and PM Coarse concentrations with the ability to output PM-10
- Touch-screen GUI interface quickly and intuitively accesses system status, TEOM data, settings, and instrument conditions
- Service screen provides access to software wizards which walk the user through calibration and maintenance procedures with detailed instructions and pictures
Standard System Configuration:
- TEOM sensor and control unit housed in a single compact enclosure
- Menu-driven software for user interaction via a touch-screen display
- ActiVol flow control using Automatic Mass Flow Controller(s) and supplied Ambient Temperature and Ambient Pressure Sensors
- ePort software for local or remote communication, USB port for automated download
- System configurations include PM-10, PM-2.5, and PM-1
- Real-time Mass Concentration Average: One hour rolling average updated every six minutes
- Long-Term Averaging: 1, 8, 24 hr.
- ActiVol flow control system uses the mass flow sensors and the measured ambient temperature and pressure to maintain constant volumetric flow rates.
- Sample Filter: Pallflex TX40, 13mm effective diameter
- Sample Conditioner Filter: 47mm diameter housed in an FRM-style molded filter cassette, maintained at 4°C; suitable for collecting and archiving time-integrated PM samples for subsequent laboratory analysis
- Nafion dryer lowers the main flow relative humidity and allows for mass transducer operation at 5°C over the peak air monitoring station temperature
- Purge Filter Conditioner contains a heat exchanger that maintains the temperature of the main flow and particle filter at 4°C to efficiently filter the volatile and nonvolatile PM in the sample
- Connecting and interface cables and vacuum pump
- Consumables for average first year operation (ambient) excluding pump & FDMS dryer refurbishment part
- Pallflex TX40 Filter, 13mm effective diameter
- Streamline Pro MultiCal System
- Complete Outdoor Enclosure
- Air quality monitoring networks, including background sites
- Special studies and supersites
- Routine input for air quality index
- Remediation projects (Superfund, hazardous waste)
- Indoor air, exposure chamber, and industrial hygiene measurements
- In and around industrial and material handling facilities