- Brand: image/catalog/modernwater.jpg
- Product Code: 1892
Modern Water's BODChek™ enables in-situ, real-time monitoring of Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) within both natural water systems and water processing plants. The monitor detects fluoroscent proteins that are inherent within sewage and slurry and provides an output in BOD equivalent unis.
The principal behind the measurement is the excitation and fluorescence of tryptophan-like compounds in the UV wavelength band. Tryptophan is an essential amino acid in human and animal diets. It is associated with microbial activity i.e. sewage faecal contamination of wastewaters and has been shown to correlate with both BOD and bacterial contamination. An internal calibration factor is used to convert the Tryptophan-like fluorescence to the reported BOD equivalent value in units of mg/L. The use of fluorescence provides signal detection sensitivity far superior to optical absorption methods currently in use, while the real-time reporting of BOD equivalence enables the measurement to be used for process control, which is not possible with conventional 5 day BOD laboratory techniques. BODChek provides a cost effective solution to organic pollution monitoring.
- Small in-situ portable monitor providing real-time measurements with wireless connectivity ideal for field use.
- Fixed and flow-through configurations for on-line reporting
- Real-time data displayed in BOD units
- Combines high sensitivity with wide dynamic range
- Robust stable performance
- Digital and analogue output options including RS232, RS422, SDI-12, 0.5-5V DC and 4-20mA