The QuickChek ™ SRB Detection Systems are rapid enzyme immunoassay methods that detect sulphate reducing bacteria (SRB). The tests employ antibodies to detect the enzyme adenosine-5'-phosphosulfonate (APS) reductase which is common to all strains of SRB.
QuickChek™ SRB kits offer several advantages over cell culture techniques for SRB detection, including immediate and accurate results. The kit allows testing of solid and semi-solid samples and detects all SRB, including SRB that is unable to grow in some standard media. Test results are not compromised by chemical or salinity interferences which are often found in field samples. The QuickChek™ SRB kit is completely self-contained and disposable. Each kits includes all the necessary materials to detect and enumerate sulphate reducing bacteria. There is no need for pretreatment or dilution of samples and there are no special hazardous waste disposal limitations.
- Semi-quantitative results
- Detects viable and non-viable SRB in samples
- Results available in 8-10 minutes
- Two or three samples simultaneously
- Detection limit of 103 cells/mL
- Detection limit for "clean" waters down to 101 cells/mL